“Do not let your hearts be troubled, You believe in God; believe also in Me.”
– John 14:1
There are many troubles that this life can bring our way. For some, it seems as if they can’t catch a break. For others, trouble rarely seems to come. Just because we live a God-fearing life does not mean trouble won’t come our way. There are some circumstances that can happen which are beyond our control. But we have choices to make. We have a choice on how we allow those difficult circumstances to affect our lives. As He begins telling His disciples about the place He is going to prepare for them, He says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled, You believe in God; believe also in Me.” He’s reminding them not to worry about life circumstances but to focus on the belief that they have in God. When bad things happen to us, it’s easy to turn our focus entirely upon that situation. When we’re unsure of how to handle certain situations, it can consume our thoughts entirely. It can easily take our attention off of God and our relationship with Him. But as Jesus reminds His disciples where to keep their focus, I believe He continues to remind us of the same thing today. Whatever life throws your way, may the belief we have in God never falter but be strengthened for the days to come. May God Bless you!
PHD Clergy Family Picnic
· Date: August 27th
· Time: 4:00 p.m. – ???
· Location: Welton Park (1979 Petersburg Gap Hwy Petersburg, WV 26847) Shelter # 2
· What to Bring: You and your family…A covered dish…if you have a favorite outside game, feel free to bring it.
· Meat, Drinks and Plates/Cutlery will be provided!!!
· Auction – If you have an item that you no longer need and would like to give away, bring it to the auction. 100% of the proceeds will benefit the C.O.M.E (Celebrations of Missions Event) for the Potomac Highlands District.
Charge Conference Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
Pastoral Interview Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
· Rev. Dr. Stephon Reed, the WVUMC Conference Approved Evangelist, is accepting dates for Summer and Fall Revivals. If you would like to secure an opportunity to have Rev. Reed preach at your Revival services, please contact him at (304) 676-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Coach Training
· If you have ever been interested in becoming a Coach within the WV Annual Conference, this is a GREAT opportunity you won’t want to miss.
· September 17th (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) @ Grace UMC, Keyser
· More information to come!
Local Church Events
· Shared when Received.
· Let me encourage you to check out the Conference Learning Management System. You can take courses that will qualify for Continuing Education hours!!!
Special Sunday Offering
Congregational Vitality Grants
· Areas of availability include: Worship Technology, First-Time Guest Hospitality, Evangelism, Discipleship, Generative Ministry, Celebrate Recovery/Recovery Ministry, New Church Start.
· For more information – Congregational Vitality Grants | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
· Questions can be directed to Christina Ridgway at email@example.com or by calling (304) 344-8331 ext. 30.
UM Foundation Grants – DEADLINE June 30th, 2022
· Link to Bishop Sandra Steiner Ball’s December 31st letter – https://www.wvumc.org/2021/12/covid-19-update-from-bishop-heading-into-2022/
Potomac Highlands Apportioned Churches – 2022
(Total # of churches represented – 144…there will soon be 171 churches represented)
|Total # of churches on track to meet 100%.||40||55||72||80||73||84|
|Total # of churches that have already met 100%.||4||7||13||14||16||20|
|Total # of churches behind but have paid more than 0%.||3||16||24||32||42||35|
|Total # of churches that have paid 0%||102||73||48||34||29||24|
|Total % paid from Potomac Highlands.||4%||11%||18%||26%||34%||36%|
|What % should we be at?||8%||17%||25%||33%||42%||50%||58%||67%||75%||83%||92%||100%|
|Total % paid for District Fair Share.||24.3%||33.3%||48.5%||54.2%||56%||61%|
|Churches that have paid 100% of Fair Share – Burlington, Centenary, Corner, Crellin, Elk Garden, Etam, Green Valley, Janes, McHenry, Mt. Hebron (South Branch), Mt. Pisgah, Mt. Sarah, Nethkin Hill, North River Mills, Oak Grove, Pleasant View, Riverton, St. Paul (Williamsport), Wesley Chapel (Rowlesburg), Willow Chapel|
To be a Christ led, spiritual breath of fresh air that changes the world.
To discover, develop and deploy passionate spiritual leaders who make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.