“Though hail flattens the forest and the city is leveled completely, how blessed you will be, sowing your seed by every stream, and letting your cattle and donkeys range free.”
– Isaiah 32:19-20
When reading through the above passage as part of my devotion time, I found myself struck with the fact that though, at times, the world around us may fall apart, God STILL cares for His people. We may not live in the biggest house or drive the fanciest car. There may be times when the work we do is a struggle and strain. We may have disagreements with those around us. There may even be times that our world is shattered because of a loss we experience. The forest in our lives may become flattened and the city may become completely leveled. However, God provides the open field and stream that leads us into life giving measures. I have learned that I don’t need the temporary fancy things that the world has to offer. But I do need the stream of life that the Lord consistently offers. I admit, it can be easy to overlook this blessing when we experience some of the losses we go through and endure. It can be easy to take God’s blessings for granted. However, as people of faith, may the life we live be one that sews the seed of Salvation and unending Love beside the One who waters it. May our life be a testimony to the One who provides even when there is loss around us. May God Bless you!
Charge Conference Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
Pastoral Interview Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
· Rev. Dr. Stephon Reed, the WVUMC Conference Approved Evangelist, is accepting dates for Summer and Fall Revivals. If you would like to secure an opportunity to have Rev. Reed preach at your Revival services, please contact him at (304) 676-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING HEIGHTS SUMMER CHURCH CAMP
· Dates: Summer, 2022
· Location: Spring Heights (Spencer, WV)
· Who: Elementary through High School
· Registration: https://wvumc-reg.brtapp.com/2022springheightscamp
· ALL ARE INVITED!!!
· Questions: (304) 927-5865 or email@example.com
Basic Coach Training
· If you have ever been interested in becoming a Coach within the WV Annual Conference, this is a GREAT opportunity you won’t want to miss.
· September 17th (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) @ Grace UMC, Keyser
· More information to come!
Local Church Events
· July 23rd @ North Preston Farmer’s Club (3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
2118 Salem Clifton
FREE Community Event that includes: Gospel Music, Children’s Activites, Community Picnic, Praise and Devotions.
Contact – Lynda Masters (304-435-1895) OR Mike Bernard (304) 913-1840)
· July 24th @ Grace UMC, Keyser (6:00 p.m.) – Pan Jammin’ Steel Drum Concert
· Let me encourage you to check out the Conference Learning Management System. You can take courses that will qualify for Continuing Education hours!!!
Special Sunday Offering
Congregational Vitality Grants
· Areas of availability include: Worship Technology, First-Time Guest Hospitality, Evangelism, Discipleship, Generative Ministry, Celebrate Recovery/Recovery Ministry, New Church Start.
· For more information – Congregational Vitality Grants | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
· Questions can be directed to Christina Ridgway at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (304) 344-8331 ext. 30.
UM Foundation Grants – DEADLINE TBA
· Link to Bishop Sandra Steiner Ball’s December 31st letter – https://www.wvumc.org/2021/12/covid-19-update-from-bishop-heading-into-2022/
Potomac Highlands Apportioned Churches – 2022
(Total # of churches represented – 144…there will soon be 171 churches represented)
|Total # of churches on track to meet 100%.||40||55||72||80||73||84|
|Total # of churches that have already met 100%.||4||7||13||14||16||20|
|Total # of churches behind but have paid more than 0%.||3||16||24||32||42||35|
|Total # of churches that have paid 0%||102||73||48||34||29||24|
|Total % paid from Potomac Highlands.||4%||11%||18%||26%||34%||36%|
|What % should we be at?||8%||17%||25%||33%||42%||50%||58%||67%||75%||83%||92%||100%|
|Total % paid for District Fair Share.||24.3%||33.3%||48.5%||54.2%||56%||61%|
|Churches that have paid 100% of Fair Share – Burlington, Centenary, Corner, Crellin, Elk Garden, Etam, Green Valley, Janes, McHenry, Mt. Hebron (South Branch), Mt. Pisgah, Mt. Sarah, Nethkin Hill, North River Mills, Oak Grove, Pleasant View, Riverton, St. Paul (Williamsport), Wesley Chapel (Rowlesburg), Willow Chapel|
To be a Christ led, spiritual breath of fresh air that changes the world.
To discover, develop and deploy passionate spiritual leaders who make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.