“My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sin.”
– James 5:19-20
I was recently reminded of the “Why?” I do what I do. As people of faith, it can be easy to get caught up in the work of ministry and let that overshadow the purpose of ministry. Each of us have been called to love God and love others as we recognize God’s love for all of humanity. If I love God, then I’m working to also love others. But this does not only include the people that I go to church with or the people I know or those with whom I’m most comfortable. This also includes those who live lifestyles different than my own. I don’t have to agree with them but I do need to love them. It includes people that I used to go to church with but they quit coming. Maybe I need to reach out to them rather than simply waiting for them to come back. It includes loving people that make me uncomfortable. And in reaching out with God’s love to all people, maybe I will be an instrument that God will choose to use in order to “…turn a sinner from the error of their way…”. That is a better celebration than the completion of charge conference paperwork! That is a better celebration than any meeting one could have at church! Helping another receive Jesus Christ into their heart is a life changing moment and we are in the life changing business! I can’t change anyone’s life…but I can lead them to the One who can. The work that we do is important. Let us remember the “why” we do what we do. May God Bless you!
Charge Conference Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
Pastoral Interview Dates – Please see district website (www.phdumc.org)
- Rev. Dr. Stephon Reed, the WVUMC Conference Approved Evangelist, is accepting dates for Summer and Fall Revivals. If you would like to secure an opportunity to have Rev. Reed preach at your Revival services, please contact him at (304) 676-1507 or email@example.com
SPRING HEIGHTS SUMMER CHURCH CAMP
- Dates: Summer, 2022
- Location: Spring Heights (Spencer, WV)
- Who: Elementary through High School
- Registration: https://wvumc-reg.brtapp.com/2022springheightscamp
- ALL ARE INVITED!!!
- Questions: (304) 927-5865 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Coach Training
- If you have ever been interested in becoming a Coach within the WV Annual Conference, this is a GREAT opportunity you won’t want to miss.
- September 17th (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) @ Grace UMC, Keyser
- More information to come!
Local Church Events
- July 24th @ Grace UMC, Keyser (6:00 p.m.) – Pan Jammin’ Steel Drum Concert
- Let me encourage you to check out the Conference Learning Management System. You can take courses that will qualify for Continuing Education hours!!!
- Portico | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
Special Sunday Offering
- Special Days: Special Offerings and Educational Pieces | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
Congregational Vitality Grants
- Areas of availability include: Worship Technology, First-Time Guest Hospitality, Evangelism, Discipleship, Generative Ministry, Celebrate Recovery/Recovery Ministry, New Church Start.
- For more information – Congregational Vitality Grants | West Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church (wvumc.org)
- Questions can be directed to Christina Ridgway at email@example.com or by calling (304) 344-8331 ext. 30.
UM Foundation Grants – DEADLINE June 30th, 2022
- Link to Bishop Sandra Steiner Ball’s December 31st letter – https://www.wvumc.org/2021/12/covid-19-update-from-bishop-heading-into-2022/
Potomac Highlands Apportioned Churches – 2022
(Total # of churches represented – 144…there will soon be 171 churches represented)
|Total # of churches on track to meet 100%.||40||55||72||80||73||84|
|Total # of churches that have already met 100%.||4||7||13||14||16||20|
|Total # of churches behind but have paid more than 0%.||3||16||24||32||42||35|
|Total # of churches that have paid 0%||102||73||48||34||29||24|
|Total % paid from Potomac Highlands.||4%||11%||18%||26%||34%||36%|
|What % should we be at?||8%||17%||25%||33%||42%||50%||58%||67%||75%||83%||92%||100%|
|Total % paid for District Fair Share.||24.3%||33.3%||48.5%||54.2%||56%||61%|
|Churches that have paid 100% of Fair Share – Burlington, Centenary, Corner, Crellin, Elk Garden, Etam, Green Valley, Janes, McHenry, Mt. Hebron (South Branch), Mt. Pisgah, Mt. Sarah, Nethkin Hill, North River Mills, Oak Grove, Pleasant View, Riverton, St. Paul (Williamsport), Wesley Chapel (Rowlesburg), Willow Chapel
To be a Christ led, spiritual breath of fresh air that changes the world.
To discover, develop and deploy passionate spiritual leaders who make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.